The consultancy specialising in
subscription business model transformations.
P2S helps companies set up their own subscription business model.
Transform your customers into long-lasting subscribers and generate recurring revenue.
What are subscription business models?
Subscription models, also known as "as-a-Service" or membership models are based on the idea of selling a product or service to receive recurring revenue. They focus on customer retention over customer acquisition. In essence, subscription models focus on the way revenue is made so that a single customer pays multiple payments for prolonged access to a product or service instead of a large upfront one-time payment.
More and more companies are making the pivot to subscriptions because they want to build deeper and longer lasting relationships with their customers.
Customers have changed – they want usership, not ownership. Customers are happier subscribing to outcomes, rather than purchasing a product with the burden of ownership.
Transform your products into recurring subscriptions.
Facts about subscription models
higher growth rate for subscription businesses compared to S&P 500 companies.
(up to) higher company valuation of subscription businesses compared to traditional ones.
The Automatic Customer
higher margins and 2x higher revenues by selling as a subscription vs. traditional one-time sale.
of companies want to use subscription models for machine procurement.
annual revenue growth of subscription models in the manufacturing industry.
projected size of the global subscription market by 2025.
Why develop a subscription model?
Win-win-win: For you, your customers, and our planet.
Benefits for companies:
- new, predictable, recurring revenue streams,
- complementary to transactional sales model,
- higher company valuation,
- monetising complete lifecycle of products,
- more collected data about customers,
- increased customer loyalty (lock-in effect),
- bypassing intermediaries in value chain,
- higher margins thanks to more services,
- sustainable business model,
- strategic differentiation.
Benefits for customers:
- always a modern or up to date product,
- reduced investment hurdles: many small payments,
- personalised experience,
- exploration and discoverability,
- transforming CapEx into OpEx,
- reduced operational risk,
- flexibility and scalability,
- peace of mind.
Benefits for our planet (sustainability):
- incentive to prolong lifetime of products,
- incentive to design easily repairable products,
- eases access to second-hand market of products, as providers stay the owner,
- incentive to implement end-of-life strategies (reduce, reuse, remanufacture),
- comply with policy makers' regulations,
Subscription Action Plan™
The Subscription Action Plan™ includes 20+ tailored workshops on all key challenges faced on a subscription business model transformation.
The Subscription Action Plan™ is a ready-to-use framework divided into 3 chapters and is based on best practices from 200+ successful subscription companies.
1. Conceptualising your subscription model
We start off by brainstorming how your subscription model could work, including defining your subscription value proposition, your target subscribers, sizing the market opportunity, and testing your subscription concept with your customers...
2. Building your subscription offering
We then build your subscription offering, define your subscription plans and plan durations, the required IT infrastructure, your pricing strategy, drafting your contracts, setting up the adequate financing structure, ...
3. Adapting your company internally and preparing for launch
We then make sure your company is subscription-ready. That includes working on internal processes, defining new roles and responsibilities, building a new KPI dashboard, creating a sales and marketing playbook, training your sales reps, ...
Subscription Experts Ecosystem™
We have seen that successful subscription models have not been implemented alone. For very specific topics and challenges, companies relied on expertise and services from third parties to develop their subscription models.
We created the Subscription Experts Ecosystem™ to provide you access to the right expertise and partners throughout your subscription transformation.
From subscription financing partners, via legal experts in drafting subscription contracts and GTC, to subscription management software, or equipment management software partners.
The Subscription Experts Ecosystem™ counts 30+ carefully selected partner companies.
Subscriptions are everywhere.
*Disclaimer: The logos and brands figured above are for illustrative purposes only. We do not have, nor have had any commercial relationships with the logos and brands figured above.
“With P2S’ methodological approach, we managed to launch the project in 10 months. P2S helped us increase our margins by 500% and increase the average project revenue by 150%. Tailored workshops, insights and best practices, putting us in contact with the right partners all contributed to a very creative working atmosphere.”
- Juan Baldo - CEO at Detandt-Simon (Belgium)